MediaMarktSaturn is Europe's leading consumer electronics retailer. It sees itself as a partner, daily companion and navigator for its customers in the digital world. Its over 1,000 MediaMarkt and Saturn stores are closely integrated with their online shops. MediaMarktSaturn has a total headcount of more than 53,000.
MediaMarktSaturn Technology is working to make Europe's number-one consumer electronics retailer the technology leader in its industry. To this end, several hundred developers, UX designers and system architects using state-of-the-art technology work hand in hand with business owners in agile teams to develop customer-focused technology solutions for more than 6 million customers every day in 13 countries.
The Assortment & Space Management domain in MediaMarkSaturn Technology is responsible for planning and defining the assortments for the appropriate brick and mortar as well as for the online stores of MediaMarktSaturn. Our product team develops and operates software using agile methodology that supports the optimization of the assortments by region, sales, trends and size of the stores. For this, we process data of high volumes and provide the results to systems of other product teams through REST-API as well as to 3rd party systems. For the business users we provide a frontend for data configuration. Be part of Europe's biggest retail platform for consumer electronics.
- You implement valuable features according to the requirements by the business with IT guidelines taken into account and contribute your technical expertise to craft the best solution possible
- You take architectural decisions with your team to ensure a high degree of performance, robustness and maintainability of the service
- You take ownership for the services of the team and maintain and operate them in our cloud infrastructure and shape the DevOps culture
- You share your knowledge with your team colleagues, help them and contribute to the growth of the whole team
- You have a degree in computer science or a related field and/or several years of work experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer
- You have built and operated an application in production in the past, preferably in the area of e-commerce
- You have a profound knowledge and practical expertise with frontend and backend developement in Node.js, TypeScript and React
- You have practical experience in NoSQL (MongoDB) and SQL (Postgres) databases
- You are comfortable operating a business-critical service under high traffic and high volume in a cloud environment
- You are familiar with common design patterns, functional and non-functional testing strategies
Passion for Technology in Retail! As part of open and dynamic teams, you are developing solutions for Europe's largest consumer electronics retailer. Alongside challenging tasks with latest technologies, we are offering various benefits as well as flexible working time and possibilities for personal development. As part of the Future Technology Lab you are building the future of retail and services. When you are ready to learn more about us, just drop us your application right below!
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application!