MediaMarktSaturn is Europe's leading consumer electronics retailer. It sees itself as a partner, daily companion and navigator for its customers in the digital world. Its over 1,000 MediaMarkt and Saturn stores are closely integrated with their online shops. MediaMarktSaturn has a total headcount of more than 53,000.
MediaMarktSaturn Technology is working to make Europe's number-one consumer electronics retailer the technology leader in its industry. To this end, several hundred developers, UX designers and system architects using state-of-the-art technology work hand in hand with business owners in agile teams to develop customer-focused technology solutions for more than 6 million customers every day in 13 countries.
- Influence Information/Data Strategy by partnering with business domains stakeholders and product organization and rationalize the data/information value chain
- Maximize value derived from data and analytics by fostering value creation using the enterprise data assets, as well as the external data ecosystem. This activity involves creating values through data explorations, data strategies, enabling all forms of business outcomes through analytics, data and analytics governance and enterprise data policy
- Assess the benefits and risks of data/information by using tools for data lineage, metadata, data governance & data centric visualizations
- Part of architecture forums like Architecture Days, API / Analytics Guild and contribute on maintaining standards, principles and governance of architecture assets
- Assist data and analytics leaders, and business and IT leadership in developing information/data governance processes and structures
- Ensure enterprise data/information architecture is used as a lens and a filter to identify, prioritize and execute the data and analytics initiatives with clear line of enterprise strategies and business outcomes
- Part of enterprise architecture team in delivering blue prints including business objects, capabilities and APIs and align with respective product organizations
- Several years or more of experience in IT, especially in Data design or architecture
- In-depth experience of designing and implementing data solutions, enterprise data architecting and modeling
- Hands-on experience implementing data and analytics management solutions (Big Data technologies preferred)
- Strong experience on modeling techniques - business, logical and physical level
- Knowledge of using data modeling tools - and the possibility of describing logically and physically the data structures (i.e. Oracle Data Modeller, Erwin, Toad Data Modeller, MySQL Workbench, MS Visio etc)
- Strong leadership skills and has experienced in working with Global teams
- Strong Team player with focus on result orientation, problem solving and Out Of The Box (OOTB) thinking with 'can-do' attitude
- Have a track record of remaining unbiased toward specific technologies or vendors
- Very good command of English language (both Verbal and Written) and German language skill is a plus
Passion for Technology in Retail! As part of open and dynamic teams, you are developing solutions for Europe's largest consumer electronics retailer. Alongside challenging tasks with latest technologies, we are offering various benefits as well as flexible working time and possibilities for personal development. As part of the Future Technology Lab you are building the future of retail and services. When you are ready to learn more about us, just drop us your application right below!
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application!