Avionics Software Engineer (m/f/d)
ALTRAN is the world market leader for high-tech engineering and R&D services. We have been creating the world of tomorrow with the greatest technological expertise, digital innovation and transformative power for over 38 years: on the road, in the air, on the seas, in rail transport, in energy production, in life science, finance and telecommunications.
Since 01.04.2020, Altran has been part of the Capgemini Group and world market leader in the "Intelligent Industry" sector.
Welcome to Altran.
More precisely, to the Aerospace & Defence division of Altran Deutschland S.A.S. & Co. KG. Around 1,800 ALTRAN colleagues in the Space & Defence division and around 4,000 aerospace experts bring digitalisation, automation and security to air and space. For our renowned customers, we are working on the next generation of aircraft, the reconquest of space and the continuous expansion of cyber security.
Are you the one to inspire with AIRtelligence? We look forward to meeting you.
- You develop real time embedded software on multi-core hardware by using an agile methodology and by applying international standards for airborne software and hardware (e.g. DO-178C, DO-254, etc.)
- You evaluate and develop concepts for next generation avionic mission systems / computers
- You do researches and assess options for applicable technologies on next generation avionic mission systems / computers and coordinate with other R&D project leaders through Integration
- You provide hands-on support to R&T / R&D technology projects for new generation mission systems, which are expected to require design, develop, test and integrate complex software and system solutions. This would span from simple porting of the legacy product line code base in the designated target hardware up to complete redesign of the legacy
- You develop new software functionality / capabilities for next generation avionic mission systems / computers
- You develop Built In Test (BIT) capability for the new software and test software to verify the new mission software
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a comparable degree
- At least 2 years of relevant professional software development experience in software design and development for avionic systems
- Strong C / C++ programming experience
- Deep technical background and knowledge of international development standards (e.g. DO-178C, DO-254, ARINC 653, DO-297, etc.)
- Professional experience with software product development using SCRUM techniques of the agile software development process
- Highly desirable know-how with real time operating system (e.g. Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks, Lynux, Unix, etc.) and multi-core processors
- Experience in developing and integrating open architectures for military airborne mission systems
- Domain knowledge in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Very good knowledge of English is essential plus very good language skills in one of the following languages: German, Italian, Spanish and / or French are an advantage
- Willingness and ability to carry out a background check in accordance with LuftSiG §7 and to obtain a security clearance Ü2
- Initiative and very good problem solving skills
- Familiarity in regular reporting to Senior level
- Team player and a loyal personality with the ability to communicate clearly and convincingly at eye level
- High level of initiative, flexibility and commitment
- Ideally initial experience in an international environment
- An exciting mix of cross-industry experience, high learning effects as well as varied fields of activity – you can take responsibility for technological progress from day one and grow personally as well as professionally on the high industrial and knowledge diversity in the company and / or at the customer
- A good opportunity to gain national and international experience – you have the chance of individual project assignments throughout Germany and can apply for a permanent transfer abroad through the MOV‘Altran mobility programme
- A wide range of corporate benefits including excellent offers for events, lifestyle and more – you can enjoy numerous purchasing advantages and discounts through our corporate benefits programme
- A contribution to increasing quality of life and keeping our employees healthy – you can expect health promotion services such as company pension schemes, a company doctor and employee initiatives through the "Altran takes action" programme
- A good work-life balance, flexible working hours, 30 days' holiday and home or mobile working by arrangement – you design your working day and enjoy a high degree of independence and freedom
- State-of-the-art equipment for smooth work – you are perfectly equipped with a powerful laptop and business mobile phone